shawn holds his:
- Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Conducting from the Catholic University of America,
- Master of Music degree in Conducting from the Peabody Conservatory of Music of the Johns Hopkins University,
- Bachelor of Music degree in Music Education from the Algur H. Meadows School of the Arts at Southern Methodist University,
- and furthered his training as an inaugural member of the American Academy of Conducting at the Aspen Music Festival and School.
shawn additionally maintains his:
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional certification,
- Hogan Assessments certification (HPI, HDS, & MVPI),
- and Predictive Index Certified Analyst certification.
shawn has also been recognized with the following:
- Named as one of the Top 50 Leaders in Learning & Development, Americas,
- Chaired the inaugural L&D Influencers Forum in London, UK,
- Represented the United States as one of only a few American conductors invited to participate in the Vakhtang Jordania international conducting competition in Kharkov, Ukraine,
- Received the Aspen Music Festival and School Fellowship Award & Scholarship in both Trombone and Conducting,
- Awarded Blue Ribbon/First-Place Ribbon for his oil painting, “hindsight” in a juried exhibition presented by the TVAA,
- Appeared as a frequent guest on CNN Headline News, WBJC Baltimore’s classical music radio station, and KAJX – Aspen radio,
- Curated and judged art exhibitions for the Texas Visual Arts Association Downtown Dallas Gallery and the Gainesville Area Visual Arts Association,
- Featured as a front-page article/artist in the Reston Connection’s “Gifts from the heART” special holiday and entertainment guide publication,
- Named as one of Baltimore’s Hottest Singles by Baltimore Magazine,
- Selected as the Ring of Excellence, Spirit of Simplexity Award honoree,
- Invited to compete in the Dallas Art Battle live painting competition,
- Interviewed on the Podcast, “Life in the Leadership Lane” about culture, values, and human resources,
- Recognized as Student of the Year by the SMU Mustang Band,
- Selected as Principal Trombone of the Texas All-State Band by the Texas Music Educators Association,
- Received of the John Philip Sousa Award from Allen High School,
- Selected as the Outstanding Member of the Jazz Band from the West Texas State University Summer Music Festival,
- and awarded with multiple First-Place and Superior Achievement Awards from the Plano and Dallas Music Teachers Association.
As a volunteer and member, shawn has served as:
- Board Member, the Greenbelt Arts Advisory Committee,
- Board Member, the Texas Visual Art Association’s Downtown Gallery,
- Ex-Officio Member, Baltimore Chamber Orchestra Board of Directors,
- Ex-Officio Member, Baltimore Chamber Orchestra Music Director Search Committee,
- Board Member, the DallasHR Board of Directors,
- Committee Member, Collin County HR Committee,
- Member-At-Large, DallasHR,
- Member, SMU CHRO Roundtable,
- and Panel Member, the Society for Human Resources Management Voice of Work Committee.
A believer in common vernacular and predictive assessments, shawn is a:
- Clifton Strengths Finder: Futuristic, Strategic, Positivity, Activator, and Input,
- Predictive Index: Six Sigma Maverick, (people oriented, quick to connect, proactive, informal, with a corporate hook),
- Hogan Assessment: 100th percentile Sociability, Colorful, Imaginative, and Aesthetics (with high Inquisitive, Interpersonal Sensitivity, Ambition, Adjustment, Science, Recognition, and Power) gaining him clusters of leading, creating, and competing,
- AuctusIQ Sales Evaluation: Top Networker, Advisor, Individualizer, Team, Resourcefulness, Learning Agility, Focus, and Confidence,
- and his Lumina Splash suggests he is lively and engaging, giving a strong first impression, and is Extroverted, Outcome Focused, and a Big Picture Thinker.
You must be logged in to post a comment.